The process of probate typically accompanies a painful emotional loss. We can ease the stress of probating the estate.
We assist executors in all steps of the complex process of probating a will in New York probate court, including:
- Creating a plan of action to probate the estate fairly and expeditiously
- Filing the will with the New York probate court
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate
- Paying taxes and other debts
- Locating beneficiaries
- Hiring professionals and experts when necessary
The stress of a probate dispute can compound the pain of losing a loved one. When disputes arise, our attorney’s composed courtroom demeanor can calm the emotionally charged process of challenging an invalid will or defending a valid will against erroneous claims made by unhappy beneficiaries. If you choose to preserve amicable family relationships, our attorneys can skillfully mediate disputes to reach just, equitable resolutions with your loved ones. When necessary, we assertively defend your beneficiary rights in New York probate court.
A hearing conducted in the Surrogate’s Court arising out of an Accounting Proceeding brought by the Public Administrator to prove that you are the rightful heir of the decedent. We will help you gather and produce the proper documentation and testimony to prove you are a rightful heir.
We can also assist in real estate transactions for the decedent’s property. Anxiety often accompanies the excitement of buying or selling a home, condominium, or cooperative apartment. At Miriam Davidson, Esq., we skillfully represent you from offer to sale and work to ease your concerns. We conduct smooth and precise transactions during all stages of the home buying and selling experience:
- Draft or review your sales contract
- Negotiate real estate agreement
- Review your lending documents
- Search and clear title
- Analyze your deal and rectify potential problems
- Handle land use, zoning and permitting
- Conduct your real estate closing
Contact an experienced estate administration lawyer
For professional legal service throughout New York City, call Miriam Davidson, Esq. at 212.308.4810 or contact the firm online to schedule an appointment.