Effective March 19, 2020, all Powers of Attorney, Wills and other New York legal documents , including Guardianship Petitions, which need to be signed before a Notary Public, can be done so electronically via audio/video conferencing, such as FaceTime, Skype or Zoom. Guardianship Courts remain open for emergency applications. My firm is available to assist you in any of these matters.
Trusted New York Law Firm Assisting In Legalities of Aging and Life
Experienced New York City Trusts and Estates, Elder Law and Guardianship attorney helping to take care of you and those you love
For more than 25 years, Miriam Davidson, Esq. has been dedicated to providing skilled and caring representation on legal, financial and care matters to protect your rights and interests and those you love. We can help individuals protect themselves before an accident, disability, illness or death occurs. This way, your assets can be protected and you can arrange for the care you deserve. However, even if care has started before things have been arranged, we can still help you protect what you have.The firm provides comprehensive representation in the following areas:
- Elder Law and Guardianships
- Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Real Estate Law
We respect that each client’s situation is different and tailor our services to meet your specific needs. We assist those needing to protect an elder family member or who have to administrate an estate after a death, even if your loved one lived outside of the New York metropolitan area. The firm provides services for:
- Guardians ― Individuals seeking appointment as guardian and/or serving as guardian of the property or personal needs for an adult or disabled child
- Executor and trustees ― Individuals and corporate fiduciaries in the United States and abroad serving as executors and/or trustees under a deceased person’s last will and testament or living wills
- Claimants to property ― The rightful heirs to a deceased person’s property in administrative or Surrogate’s Court proceedings
- Medicaid applicants ― Individuals applying for Medicaid Nursing Home Care and Medicaid Home Care
- Fair hearing appellants ― Individuals appealing Medicaid decisions in Fair Hearings
- Grantors ― Individuals wanting to establish a trust to administer assets during a person’s lifetime
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Unity of New York
- New York City Department of Health
- Long-Term Care Presentation
- Goddard Riverside Senior Center
- Long-Term Care Presentation
Proudly serving clients in New York
Miriam Davidson, Esq. helps clients and their loved ones throughout the five boroughs of New York City, including Manhattan, Staten Island, Brooklyn, the Bronx and Queens in New York.
New York City attorney safeguarding you and your family
For knowledgeable and responsive legal assistance and advice, call Miriam Davidson, Esq. at212-308-4810 or contact the firm online to schedule an appointment. Se Habla Espanol.